Meeting — October 7, 2019
Attendees: alignwaivers, msiep, salt, wolftune
Discourse (over past week):
- Signups: 0 -> 0
- New Topics: 2 -> 3
- Posts: 28 -> 20
Sociocracy 3.0, wolftune @ page: 17 of 51
Reminders on building new best-practice habits
Sociocracy 3.0 stuff
- Drivers, describing driver statements: https://patterns.sociocracy30.org/describe-organizational-drivers.html
- Current situation + effect + what’s needed + impact of doing it
- forum discussion of our use: https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/sociocracy-3-0-drivers/1309
Use of GitLab kanban boards
- Use the boards to pick your tasks, dragging or marking To Do and Doing appropriately
## Salt met author of unfinished book on patronage funding at Communications conference - NEXT STEP (salt): follow up with conference contacts ## Issue grooming / dumping etc - <https://gitlab.com/groups/snowdrift/-/issues?milestone_title=LFNW+2019> - NEXT STEP (smchel17): Delete or close the LFNW 2019 milestone - NEXT STEP (smichel + wolftune + alignwaivers): schedule grooming session - NEXT STEP (msiep): groom design repo issues ## Code development progress - NEXT STEP (wolftune): if chreekat hasn't run the crowdmatches yet, reach out to him to find out how to do it DONE via https://gitlab.com/snowdrift/snowdrift/issues/169 ## Team communication commitments etc - NEXT STEPS (wolftune + alignwaivers): keep studying Sociocracy ideas around this, find current stuff we have, organize our statements https://gitlab.com/snowdrift/governance/issues/57 ## Marking prominently that we're under-construction - NEXT STEP (msiep): respond to mray and other forum suggestion etc. ## Nathan Schneider as Board recruit? - Michael went on System 76 tour with him, welcome to use that reference as a prompt - NEXT STEP (wolftune): reach out to Nathan
- Anybody heard from him?
- wolftune pinged, no pong over past couple weeks
- Salt will ping
- will we have table?
- not clear yet says Salt, will let us know
- nothing urgent to discuss
- we each need to figure out plans, work on our talks etc.