Meeting — March 14, 2019
Attendees: Salt, wolftune, msiep, mray
## Use of GitLab kanban boards (+ track civi todos there instead of this pad?) - NEXT STEP (everyone): Start using the boards to pick your own assignments, mark To Do and Doing appropriately, capture any missing issues - https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/using-the-kanban-boards-in-gitlab-plus-wolftune-check-in/1263 ## chreekat carryovers: - tracking ops tasks for just server maintenance - NEXT STEP (chreekat): Review/capture ops priorities [chreekat, in his own list] - Bryan/Stephen meeting — CI/CD improvements - NEXT STEP (chreekat): write blog post about this process, document <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues/111> - NEXT STEP (smichel17): Ask bryan about a couple next steps for him in carry-overs, and sociocracy book ## Tech volunteers and framework etc - NEXT STEP (chreekat): Decide whether we're open to the option of moving off of haskell for our web framework ## design progress, pace - NEXT STEP: h30 documents his process of implementing mockups https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues/158 ## Ops meetings, progress - NEXT STEP: Aryeah sets up fresh server and makes sure comfortable with monitoring etc. all key management points, *then* can get into decisions on Docker, Drupal, Civi etc. - https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/ops/issues/46 - NEXT STEP: discuss some regular meeting time (if possible with chreekat), also Aryeah & Salt meetup (salt) ## LFNW physical stuff, art, printouts etc. - need updated stuff for our booth - tablecloth https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/outreach/issues/53 NEXT STEP: Salt updates with dimensions, reassigns to mray - overhauled tall banner https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/design/issues/104 NEXT STEP: mray provide feedback - handbills or other hand-outs that aren't biz-cards? NEXT STEP: salt starts Discourse topic ## LFNW + beta milestone prioritizing/scheduling - <https://git.snowdrift.coop/groups/sd/-/issues?milestone_title=LFNW+2019> - NEXT STEP: further grooming, smichel figure out assignments for most of the LFNW issues (with good communication with the assignees), also due-dates ## LFNW blog post/announce - NEXT STEP: wolftune publishes blog post after LFNW publishes their schedule https://blog.snowdrift.coop/lfnw-2019/ ## Sociocracy 3.0 - wolftune: basically set on using these ideas; they aren't all-or-nothing, so we can just adopt them bit by bit as we can - wolftune will do more to lead this but everyone is encouraged to read up about it and learn too - For example, Drivers: https://patterns.sociocracy30.org/describe-organizational-drivers.html - wolftune: that seems clear, common sense, could use instead of "user stories" - NEXT STEPS: review issues, tensions etc. using tools from S3, trial-and-error, one-at-a-time, as it makes sense - NEXT STEP: wolftune posts that specific link to forum https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/sociocracy-3-0-drivers/1309
Discourse (over past week):
- Signups: 0 -> 0
- New Topics: 3 -> 1
- Posts: 23 -> 21
Sociocracy 3.0, wolftune @ page: 11 of 37
LFNW Accomodations & schedule re MSiep’s plans
- NEXT STEP: wolftune replies to MSiep email, get precise details about Aryeah room options, commuting/cost/times
New Project Forms
- Kodi is already mostly past the first 2; they’re ready for the 3rd form.
- Inkscape and a few others are probably ready for form 2.
- NEXT STEP: (salt) implement forms 1 and 2 in civicrm (and 3 when ready) https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/outreach/issues/41 (will be updated with the implementation step)
- NEXT STEP: (wolftune) gather more complete list of all the items we need to have from project for legal, transparency, Stripe, etc. etc. https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/legal/issues/12
- NEXT STEP: (msiep) split up website-focused vs behind-the-scenes details from projects, have project page design to go along with the forms -updates: wireframe of project page done, that in progress, form needs to reference that
- NEXT STEP: update form to make sure it gets all the info for the project page
Updated meeting time to get Stephen back etc.
- Salt: need to know one more meeting at school to then know availability into next period