Meeting — January 9, 2019
Attendees: wolftune, smichel17, h30, msiep, salt
Carry-overs from last meeting
## tracking ops tasks for just server maintenance - NEXT STEP (chreekat): Review/capture ops priorities [chreekat, in his own list] ## Bryan/Stephen meeting — CI/CD improvements - NEXT STEP (chreekat): write blog post about this process, document <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues/111> ## Tech volunteers and framework etc - NEXT STEP (chreekat): Decide whether we're open to the option of moving off of haskell for our web framework ## LFNW + beta milestone prioritizing/scheduling - NEXT STEP (Salt, wolftune): Submit CFPs by January 31st <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/outreach/issues/50> - NEXT STEP (smichel17): Look through issues, tag backend ones <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/governance/issues/47> ## Peertube video? - NEXT STEP (mray): Keep experimenting with peertube <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues/146>
Discourse (over past week):
- Signups: 2 -> 1
- New Topics: 2 -> 11
- Posts: 11 -> 41
- Page 108
New meeting time?
- Salt: Aside, Michael & Henri, could you add yourselve to the team member contact info page? https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/team-member-contact-info/1083
- Salt: I need to update my availability, can you generate an update link? Related post: https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/change-weekly-meeting-time/1144
- NEXT STEP (Salt especially, but everyone): Update weekly availability, see https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/please-update-your-availability-for-meeting-times-etc/1082/2
- NEXT STEP (aryeah, fr33domlover): Add availability
Use of GitLab kanban boards (+ track civi todos there instead of this pad?)
- wolftune: I started using gitlab’s kanban boards. Here’s mine: https://git.snowdrift.coop/groups/sd/-/boards?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_username=wolftune
- wolftune: I was reading over the gitlab documentation, we’ll have more functionality once we move to gitlab.com
- wolftune: Wrote a post about it I wanted to bring to people’s attention https://community.snowdrift.coop/t/using-the-kanban-boards-in-gitlab-plus-wolftune-check-in/1263/2
- wolftune: If you don’t filter by assignee, you can see everyone’s tasks, which is a useful overview.
- wolftune: I’d like to encourage everyone to use it, so we can easily see what everyone is doing.
- wolftune: This was prompted partly by Charles, who’s using trello for the same thing. It’s partially useful for accountability, lets people see what you’re doing, etc
- wolftune: It shouldn’t be a lot, just what’s happening immediately and immediately-next.
- wolftune: Note that you can also add boards for different tags.
- msiep: I tried to change the label by dragging an issue to a different board (todo -> doing), but it didn’t work.
- wolftune: I think it makes sense to track ongoing work here rather than in the meeting note carryovers; use carryovers more just to check in on previous week’s meetings.
- NEXT STEP (Salt, msiep, smichel17, h30, all…): Start using the boards to pick your own assignments, mark To Do and Doing appropriately, capture any missing issues