Want to see Snowdrift.coop achieve our mission? You can help!
If you don’t yet know all the core concepts, read the About pages and explore the main site itself.
To get an overview of what we’re working on now, see our planning and roadmap page.
If you’re ready to volunteer, one way to start is by telling us about your interests and skills. We can then direct you to where you can make the biggest difference.
As an ambitious, holistic project, we can use help with a wide range of topics covering technical, legal, and social challenges. Some details for different volunteer areas:
Get into the code
- For programmers and web designers, check out the source code and the documentation there, especially the contributing guide
- Report to us about your experience getting the site built locally
- Explore the code and/or ask us for guidance about how to get hacking
- Participate in the Development are of our forum
- We’re always happy to help coach you through getting started!
Legal, accounting and co-op structure
We could use help making sure our site terms and such are both legally sound and as ethical and readable as possible.
Design and illustration
- Please see the Design repository and the accompanying documentation for more details, along with a list of items where you could begin to help.
Investigating services to use, partners to team up with, historical and scientific evidence to guide our decisions and presentation… See some of our work so far in the market research section of this wiki.
Our targeted messaging page in the Communications section is another good start looking at what we’ve already covered in describing the status quo of various project areas
Recruiters, trainers and organizers
Reach out to other sympathetic folks and to answer questions, such as by welcoming new visitors on the #snowdrift IRC channel or other sorts of publicity (see Communications).
We could use liaisons or recruiters for project subject areas (such as art, research, software, etc). The liaison will provide advice to the Snowdrift.coop team and to member projects and coordinate Snowdrift.coop outreach to the subject-area community.
- Help facilitate meetings and discussion and guide (and improve) our working
process, governance, and team structure structure (see Governance)
Building new skills
We welcome volunteers to get involved and learn along the way. Volunteering with us can be a chance to learn programming and web design, study political/economic/legal topics or business management, and develop many other skills.
Note: whenever possible, we stick to free/libre/open tools and resources throughout our work.